1938 Lagonda
V12 DHC

 

€375.000


More information
+32 (0)3 353 33 31     sales@hcservices.be

 
A rare Lagonda V12 DHC ready for long leisurely Sunday drives under sunny summer skies.

Highlights

• Registration: UK• Chassis Number: 14059• Engine Number: 14059• Matching Numbers

Read more about this car

True to Her Origins

Chassis number '14059,' originally fitted with a factory body, was delivered in January 1939 through Gaffikin Wilkinson dealers located in Hanover Square, London. The first owner was A F Lingard of Combend Manor in Elkstone, Cheltenham. The car was painted in Cerric Grey, featured maroon trim, a grey hood, and came equipped with Ace wheel discs, a tonneau cover, gaiter springs at the rear, special hub nuts, and even a rear bumper (which was considered an extra addition).
Image

 

 

 

 

Image

Known Owners

Subsequently, the car was acquired by B Collins of Sidbury Hall in Bridgenoth, Shropshire. During World War II, it was placed in storage and remained dormant until 1951, when it was taken to marque specialists Davis Motors for servicing. Remarkably, the car had only covered 31,000 miles up to that point.In 1979, the current owner purchased the Lagonda at an auction held at Alexandra Palace. At that time, it had been fitted with the engine from '16037,' a V12 saloon de ville. 

Engine Rebuild

In 1996, the Lagonda underwent an engine rebuild that was subsequently performed in Oslo by an aircraft mechanic with expertise in Hercules engines.  The car is described as generally being in good condition, with the engine now in excellent shape.
Image
Image

Well Documented

This rare Lagonda V12 drophead comes with a comprehensive history file containing numerous Lagonda Club magazines and newsletters, original Autocar road test reports, a Lagonda Club Illustrated Spares Catalogue, and a Lagonda 12 Cylinder Instruction Book.

 


More information

+32 (0)3 353 33 31     sales@hcservices.be

Want to know more?

Just simply fill out the form underneath and we'll contact you shortly.