1964 AC Cobra
289 ‘Mark II’ Roadster
Lightweight 4.7 litre V8 engine producing almost 300BHP in unit with a close ratio synchromesh alloy gearbox. Provide the Cobra with performance exceptional by any standards.
Registration : UK registered
Chassis number : COB 6034
Engine number : 4D23N
4.700 cc, V8 cylinder engine, 300 hp, 4-speed manual
Get to know the car!
SuperbRightly regarded as one of the all-time great classic sports cars, the muscular, fire-breathing Cobra succeeded in capturing the hearts of enthusiasts like few of its contemporaries. Only 1,000-or-so Cobras of all types were built between 1962 and 1967.
PowerfulFirst registered on 7th December 1964, the Cobra roadster offered here was first owned by Dr Norman Gay, of Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire and comes with its original registration document. AC Cars Ltd has confirmed that chassis number ‘COB6034’, was delivered to its agent M J Hughes Ltd, of Station Road, Beaconsfield on 2nd December 1964. On 30th November 1966 the car was bought by Roy Woodford, owner of Transocean Photographic Services Ltd. of Esher, Surrey and registered to the company. On May 3rd 1974 Mr. Woodford registered the car in his own name and kept it until 2011 when he sold it via a third party to the present owner.
A few facts
- 1 of approximately 45 RHD, leaf spring ‘289’ models
- Just 2 former owners
- Recorded mileage to date is only 11,900 miles from new!
- Restored in the 1980’s by AC Cars Ltd and Hall & Fowler
- Photographic documentation of the restoration
- One of the largest history files we have seen at HCS.
- Supplied with its original registration document
- Outright Winner of the Goodwood Revival Earls Court Motorshow “People’s Choice” AwardSurely the finest MK ll Cobra for sale anywhere!
Interested to know more?
Want to know more?
Just simply fill out the form underneath and we'll contact you directly.